The watch industry sells a variety and broad range of watches to choose from.
In fact, some big watch companies also produce automatic watches and mechanical watches without batteries or also known as kinetic watches.
Searching for the best batteryless watch can be time-consuming, so we gathered some of the best no battery watches for you to choose from.
Kinetic watches or kinetic energy-generated timepieces no longer require batteries since they are already operated through the movement of our bodies.
One thing to admire about these watches is that they can save you more time and money from getting your watch’s battery replaced.
We believe that it’s a must-have for watch enthusiasts to add to their collection.
If you’re interested to know more about the best no battery watches, keep reading.
5 Best No Battery Watches
1. Seiko Women’s SUT116 Stainless Steel Two-Tone Watch
Seiko comes from humble beginnings by Kintaro Hattori’s vision and passion for excellence. For 125 years, Seiko has been committed to the art and science of the time.
This brand is also known for producing automatic watches that are powered by body movement, which is also known as kinetic energy,
This women’s watch by Seiko includes a two-tone color with a stainless steel case that measures 25 millimeters in diameter and 8 millimeters in thickness. Meanwhile, its band measures 13.3 millimeters.
Other features of this Seiko watch include a Hardlex dial window, a push-button deployment clasp for closure, a day and date window, a stationary bezel function, and a Japanese quartz automatic movement.
This solar analog watch also features a driving system or step motor. Lastly, it is water resistant up to 99 feet or 30 meters, which can withstand rain and splashes of water, but not for other water activities.
- Include a Hardlex dial window
- Offers a push-button deployment clasp for closure
- Has a day-date calendar
- Includes a stationary bezel function
- Provides a Japanese quartz automatic movement
- Can be operated with kinetic energy
- Features a driving system or step motor
- Water-resistant up to 99 feet or 30 meters
- Not suitable for water activities
2. Hamilton Khaki Field Hand Wind Black Dial Men’s Watch H69439933
This Hamilton Khaki Field watch is another great no battery watch since it includes a hand-winding or mechanical movement.
Its silver-tone case measures 38 millimeters in diameter and 10 millimeters in thickness. Meanwhile, its beige canvas band has a width of 20 millimeters.
This simple watch also offers a fixed bezel material, a tang buckle clasp, and a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal.
Other special features of this watch include an analog display, luminous hands and markers, and a 50-meter water resistance.
- Features a mechanical hand-winding movement
- Includes a silver-tone case material
- Has a fixed bezel material
- Provides a tang buckle clasp
- Features a scratch-resistant Sapphire crystal
- Includes an analog display
- Has luminous hands and markers
- Offers a 50-meter water resistance
- Not suitable for serious water activities
- Doesn’t have a great customer service
3. OLEVS Men’s Automatic Mechanical Watch (SC-S-G6607)
This excellent automatic mechanical watch by OLEVS does not require a single battery, making it a perfect no battery watch for men.
Once you start using it, all you have to do is push the crown back to normal working condition. You can also rotate the crown clockwise 30 times in the normal operating position.
Since this self-winding watch initial winding is already complete, it can be automatically operated by the swing of the arm. To ensure extremely accurate timekeeping, it should be worn for more than eight hours a day.
It also offers a screw-down crown, a Skeleton Tourbillon design, and a butterfly buckle, and safety closure. This watch is also available in green, blue, and black.
Other features of this watch include a round metal case, a stainless steel bracelet length, a water resistance of up to 330 feet or 30 meters. Generally, it is only suitable for specific water activities such as swimming and snorkeling, making it a good diving watch.
- Available in 4 different colors
- Has a stainless steel case
- Features a double-locking foldover clasp
- Includes a mechanical hand-winding movement
- Offers a screw-down crown and a butterfly buckle and a safety closure
- Includes a round metal case
- Has a stainless steel bracelet length
- Offers a water resistance of up to 330 feet or 30 meters
- Doesn’t have a great customer service
- Size is too small, not suitable for those with large wrists
4. OLEVS Ladies’ Automatic Watch (66026630)
This women’s watch by OLEVS is another excellent choice for a no battery watch. This lovely timepiece includes an original high-quality movement, which improves the watch’s clockwork and efficacy.
It also doesn’t require a battery because it already provides a mechanical hand-winding feature, a push-button deployment clasp, and a green dial.
This automatic watch includes a metal case measuring 26 millimeters in diameter and 11.5 millimeters in thickness. Meanwhile, its band measures 14 millimeters in width.
This watch features a reserve of 21,600 vibrations per hour, which improves the stability of time. Other excellent features of this watch include luminous hands, 30-meter water resistance, and a high hardness coated glass.
- Provides a mechanical hand-winding feature
- Offers a push-button deployment clasp
- Features a stainless steel case and bezel
- Includes luminous hands
- Has a high hardness coated glass
- Offers a 30-meter water resistance
- Not suitable for women with large wrists
5. Tissot Couturier 316L Stainless Steel Watch
The Tissot Couturier 316L, specifically the T0352071106100 model, is another amazing choice for women looking for an excellent automatic watch with no battery. This watch comes with a push button deployment clasp, which ensures your safety.
Some key features to admire about this watch are its Swiss Made Automatic movement, a water-resistant depth of up to 330 feet, an anthracite dial, and a synthetic sapphire dial window.
Other features of the Tissot watch include a 316L stainless steel case, measuring 32 millimeters in diameter and 10.1 millimeters in thickness. Its gray stainless steel band is also constructed out of stainless steel, which measures 18 millimeters in width.
Lastly, it is water resistant up to 100 meters or 330 feet.
- Provides a Swiss Automatic movement
- Water resistant depth of up to 330 feet
- Comes with a push button deployment clasp
- Includes a 316L stainless steel band and case
- Has an anthracite dial
- Features a synthetic sapphire dial window
- Offers a water resistance of up to 100 m or 330 ft
- Not suitable for serious water activities
What to Look For in a No Battery Watch?
Some of the best automatic watches that don’t need batteries may come with a hefty price, depending on their quality and brand. You can still buy an affordable watch that offers functional features.
The overall quality is the most important feature to consider when looking for any type of watch. This allows you to use the watch in the long run without getting easily broken or replaced.
Watches without batteries that include durable construction are definitely worth the purchase. Be mindful of buying cheap but poorly made automatic watches, mechanical watches, self-winding watches, and other watches that don’t need batteries.
One way to check if your ideal watch is durable enough to use in the long term is to know its materials or what it is made of. Some examples of durable watches are stainless steel and metal.
There are many watches to choose from such as dress watches, high-end watches, luxury watches, men’s watches, and so much more. However, it’s also important to know what kind of look or design you want in a watch.
Whether you’re a minimalist, adventurous, or classy, choose a watch that suits your personality and personal style.
Searching for a great watch that doesn’t require any battery can be time-consuming, so we made a list of some of the best watches that only require body movement.
We highly recommend you to buy the Tissot Couturier 316L. This automatic watch offers some excellent features such as a Swiss automatic movement and a synthetic sapphire crystal window. It also offers a water resistance of up to 330 feet, making it a great diving watch.
If you liked this article, you might want to read our other articles at ExpertFitness.org.
My name is Eve Acosta and I’m the person behind this site. Watches are what get me ticking ;).
No, but seriously, I just love watches, I have over 30 myself. It’s an obsession of mine, which is why my husband recommended me to put my hobby into some good use and build this site – so I did.
My passion for timepieces came from the fact that my parents own a small chain of shops selling timepieces. I’ve worked at the shop since I was 11 and fell in love with the merchandise.