Disclaimer: Eveswatch.com is reader-supported, meaning that I may include affiliate links in my articles for which I may receive compensation without any additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Luxurious watch brands may have been affected by the first global lockdown, but they have adjusted to the new consumer priorities and demands. And the top brand in Q4 2020 in terms of revenue? Still, Rolex! This is according to LaunchMetrics’ Data Watch Report.
Collectors, high-income earners, and bored and curious newcomers who did not spend their cash on summer vacations (yet again, because of the lockdown) are fueling the demand for designer watches that cost thousands of dollars.
Even affordable luxury brands are experiencing the same phenomenon. This includes watching brands, such as Longines, Breitling, Omega, Tissot, Tag Heuer, Cartier Watches, and Bulgari.
This is why we made this review of the most affordable designer watches in the market today. Keep reading our review of the best Lux Watches Under $1000 to learn everything you need to know before you buy.
So, ditch the expensive watches and get your wishlist ready.
Top 5 Luxury Watches Under $1000
1. Seiko Prospex SBDC033 Mechanical Self-Winding
The Seiko Prospex Mechanical Self-Winding watch has a stainless steel case (diameter of 44mm) and bracelet (20mm). The case design is distinct and has beautifully finished edges.
As for its bracelet, there’s a little rattle on it and it uses collar links and a pin. It’s a little bulky timepiece but many users prefer it that way because it gives the dive watch a presence on the wrist.
With a time accuracy of -15 to +25 seconds per day, this dive watch has a crown that is notched, giving it a better grip when operating. Sitting on top of this dive watch is a unidirectional rotating bezel.
The top of the case is made of Hardlex crystal. It would have been better if it’s made of sapphire crystal so it will not get scratched easily.
Sporty men who are looking for a dive watch that has the specifications and performance to meet their needs in a solid timepiece.
- The clasp has a diver’s extension, making it easy to wear on or off on a diving suit
- Easy to switch to a strap
- Screw-down crown
- Stainless steel case and bracelet
- Attractive transitional lines between polished and brushed
- A timepiece you can be proud of (as some users have reviewed)
- Good blue shade, not too close to black but not too bright also
- Some buyers hoped it has a 22mm band
- For resizing, it uses collar links and a pin. This makes it more difficult to size than the links that use only screws.
2. Tissot PRS 516 Chronograph Automatic Movement
Now, there’s a lot to say regarding this timepiece, the Tissot PRS 516. From the name itself, this watch is Particularly Robust and Sporty (PRS), and its design is the revised version of the company’s classic watch from the 1960s.
It has a unique perforated steel bracelet and aside from being durable, it’s also stylishly designed worthy to be among the top dress watches this year. Being fairly chunky (12.9mm thick and 42mm in diameter), this watch has a commanding presence, which is common in modern sports watches and dress watches.
The way this product is advertised kind of makes sense, “an icon from the 50s reborn.” The hands, shape of the case, and the other details of this automatic movement watch are vintage but it was made out of hi-tech materials.
Men who want a cool-looking sporty swiss watch that can also be worn on formal occasions.
- Powermatic 80 movement is visible through the exhibition case back
- High standards of accuracy for an automatic movement watch
- 80-hour power reserve
- Simple-looking yet elegant at the same time
- perforated steel bracelet
- Superb quality and construction
- Swiss watch quality
- Good weight
- As you open the packaging, the fresh leather strap can be a bit “creaky or noisy”. You need to wear it to soften it a bit.
3. Hamilton H70605731 Khaki Field Murph
One of the best watches under $1000 on our list is the Hamilton H70605731 Khaki Field Murph. The luxury watch brand itself is known for providing consumers affordable watches, but looks high quality in terms of reliability, build quality, and finish.
Its dial material type is scratch-resistant sapphire crystal so you can guarantee this watch’s durability compared to other men’s watches. We like the simplicity of this watch with a matte black dial, which appears slightly tropical in some angles.
The classic Hamilton logo is used at 12 o’clock that keeps it not looking cluttered. The automatic movement does not have a lot of decoration or finish. Instead, Hamilton focused it to be robust, reliable, and durable so it also performs excellently.
The overall classic design of this watch is executed very well.
Watch lovers who prioritize a reliable workout automatic movement and an elegant-looking watch.
- Dial material type is scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Attractive matte black dial
- impressive power reserve of 80 hours
- Uses 23 jewels and with the frequency of 21.600 BPH movement beats
- Timeless classic design
- Built of a sapphire crystal
- Up to 80 hours of power reserve
- Comfortable leather strap
4. Alpina Men’s AlpinerX Fiberglass Swiss Quartz Sports Watch
Another in our list of the best watches under $1,000 would be the Alpina AlpinerX. This is better described to be an adventure diving watch than a hybrid smartwatch. It features a sapphire crystal, making it scratch-resistant.
This is also water-resistant so you can take this in the great outdoors. As for its display, the user interface of the AlpinerX is split into two. The larger top displays the data and the smaller second arrow details what that data is.
The display of this watch has a backlight that can be set to a certain level of brightness through your smartphone app. However, this does not feature a Swiss-made automatic movement but Swiss Quartz instead.
Adventurous people who prefer a Swiss-made watch that has a wide range of environmental sensors
- Swiss watch with an anti-reflective sapphire dial material
- Water-resistant for up to 330 feet.
- Comes with a digital display
- The size of the watch doesn’t feel excessively large for those with a fairly slim wrist
- Has thermometer, UV sensor, barometer, compass, and altimeter
- Decent battery life (two years)
- Smart technology integration is neither very good nor bad. Other mechanical watches or dive watches in the market have better features, such as tracking the user’s health.
- It can be confusing to use the display at first
- No heart rate monitor
5. Movado Men’s BOLD Metals Chronograph Watch
The Movado Men’s BOLD Metals Chronograph Watch is also a part of our best watches under $1,000. It features a timeless and modern design, which is believed to be an ideal example of sophistication with a masculine and monochrome design.
As for its material, it is made of yellow gold plated stainless steel case. Both the case and the link bracelet. The yellow gold-tone dial matches the overall look of this watch.
Watch enthusiasts and watch collectors who prefer a good-looking watch that can significantly enhance their appearance and is easy to match their outfit.
- Swiss Quartz precision movement
- Water-resistant for up to 99 feet
- Gold-toned watch
- Features K1 Mineral Crystal that is often used in the design
- It may not be made for people with large wrists
What to Look for in Luxury Watches Under $1000
When searching for the best watches under $1,000, you should consider the brand. Since, after all, we’re talking about lux watches here. We suggest that you single out brands that have established good reputations.
Since you’ll be investing in automatic watches, it would be better than the watch brand has been established for at least a couple of decades as it means they have fought long and hard to rule in terms of prestige and quality.
Watch movements also matter when on the lookout for the best watches under $1,000. You can choose a watch with a mechanical movement (powered by the synergy of your wrist movements) or an automatic movement.
Automatic watches are wound on a regular basis, but they still hold value among high-end watches. Some brands feature in-house movements, but they command higher prices.
The material matters even if what you’re looking for is an affordable watch. Don’t limit yourself to the classic gold, stainless steel, and platinum materials. Today’s market is also brimming with high-tech alloys for watch cases.
There are also other watches that make the watch ultra-light. As for the glass, choose sapphire crystal glass over acrylic or mineral.
Bottom line: Which One Should You Buy?
All of these luxurious watches are high-end timepieces and showcase immense craftsmanship. You may not even say, at first look, that it just costs below $1000.
If you ask us our top pick for the best watches under $1,000, then it would be the Tissot PRS 516. It is a well-made watch, designed with great attention to detail, and is made out of premium materials.
This Swiss automatic movement watch also has a racing-inspired watch and you can choose different colors and designs that fit your style. How about you? What’s your favorite watch brand and watch model?
So, to choose the best luxurious watch would be easier for you, just pick the model that reflects your personality and style so you can tell the world who you are by wearing that mechanical or automatic watch.